My thoughts about June spent in St. Augustine, FL with Mary and Pete.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mom, Nina, Maddie and St. Pete

Yes, it has been a while since I've blogged. I've eaten many many popsicles since the last time I've blogged. I've only missed three days since I first started and have made up for two of them by eating two in one day twice. My favorite of the ones I've had lately would be Strawberry Horchada. Horchada is a Mexican drink made of rice milk, cinnamon, and other things (duh) to make a milky sweet drink that tastes like, as Sina describes it, Cinnamon Toast Crunch milk. This one had strawberry, and while I do not like Horchada (the drink) I did love this popsicle. It was considerably more creamy than the others, even the Orange Cream. I felt like the Orange Cream should have more cream in it, and be more like a Dreamsicle.

Kim (one of the employees) has listened to my idea and we've been thinking up a new flavor (and maybe they'd name it after me). I thought they should do a Hazelnut Chocolate Espresso pop in honor of me (and Poppy's I guess). She was willing to listen but didn't know if she could find the hazelnuts. She suggested pistachio because that's what they had, but I insisted it just wouldn't be the same. But who knows, it might be better?

I've eaten at many places lately, and have frequented the Casa Maya a few times to take Mom and Nina and Maddie.

Maddie and I had an absolute blast in St. Pete. Old memories resurfaced as well as new ones formed. We got to hang out with Pete's old college friend and his four kids. The youngest, Blake, took to me immediately, and the oldest girl was as sweet as can be. Seeing these kids reminds me that I absolutely love kids, and have made the right choice in wanting to become a teacher. Cooking and photography and traveling can be put on hold while I go through college.

Seeing Maddie makes me realize how hard it would be to live here without my friends. I miss all of them back home so much, and my family. I haven't seen my dad since the day I left, and I miss him a whole lot. Esme is probably sad I've been gone as well, or maybe she's forgotten me, she does have a two second memory.

I've met a few people here in St. Augustine and hung out with Sina a lot. I people watch at The Hyppo still because I guess I'm just addicted to the environment they've provided me.

Right now I am sitting in Sina's bed room/living room listening to him play the drums with Marco (I think his real name is Mark, we call him Marco.. or maybe they've tricked me into it.. who knows?) by his side playing the guitar. I love listening from where I"m sitting. The ever changing tune as they fiddle around creates some kind of comfort, like maybe I used to listen to my brothers play when I was little? I can't remember but it does bring up some kind of old memories, not sure which though.

Today I listened to Brand New in The Hyppo with Sina. That brought some good memories up. Like seeing them play with Joey (and maybe Sara? Can't remember). I miss my brothers, sisters, and nephews so much. I love my family and can't wait to squeeze everyone tight when I see them.

Staying here in St. Augustine has made me realize something. I've realized I can be independent, I can take care of myself, and most of all, the place you love is always based off of the people you meet, and I absolutely love everyone I've met here. I won't be sad to leave yet, because I have three days still. Mary and I talk about when I'm going to leave, she says she's going to lose it. I bet she will, and I probably will too. I love Mary and Pete. They have really made the best environment for me. Free boundaries, I like to call it.

I had a little mishap where some boys on bikes were trying to intimidate me, and succeeded . I thought they were going to attack me and rode and rode my bike, both Mary and Sina laughed when I told them. I thought that was mean of them, but I did over react probably. They could have overtaken me if they tried though, I am sure.

Love you all, I will blog tomorrow, I promise.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment