My thoughts about June spent in St. Augustine, FL with Mary and Pete.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day of Repeat

I broke a rule. I had the same thing twice.

I went to The Hyppo today and brought Sina, and myself, a sandwich I'd already had, and ate a popsicle I'd already had.

Chocolate Coconut is my weakness, I guess. As well as goat cheese, red bell pepper pesto and chicken breast. Not all together though. That'd be strange.

I took a few pictures and pondered why I love St. Augustine so much.


Lazy Tuesday afternoons is one reason. Even the bikes are lazy these days in Florida.


Some Floridians hang their laundry, another reason I love Florida.


And then there is this feeling. Where I am completely free. 

I've been freed this month from bills, my job, school work and any responsibility I had previously. I've been sent here and able to only work on myself, my independence. 

It's been an absolute blast. An opportunity that will never come around again.  

Tonight was my "Last Supper" as Mary called it. We went to Bistro de Leon, a cute little French restaurant where the menu changes a lot. I listened to the waitress, a woman Mary must know, tell stories about the chef and how he's protective of his staff. How only what matters is the food. I got sucked in to her stories. She was a good story teller.

I had a pepper corn steak that was too peppery but the chocolate lava cake was just to die for. There was a certain pudding texture to it that made me remember when Tracey made me pudding so I'd stop crying as a child. I told Pete and Mary this story. I think they're finally getting used to my weird, unrelated, story telling. I walked through the lobby of the Casa Monica and pretended I was some rich, swanky lady from the past. It was fun.

Love all,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment