My thoughts about June spent in St. Augustine, FL with Mary and Pete.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Long Title

So Saturday Mom and Nina came in. I've been busy and sleepy and I don't blog daily like I should. Mary and Sina think I apologize too much, so I won't say sorry.. Sorry.

Here's the popsicle rundown.

Cucumber Lemon Mint on Thursday, as well as, Mexican Hot Chocolate.


Cucumber Lemon Mint was so refreshing (which is what you'd hear just about EVERYONE say if you ask them about it) and the cucumber had a strong flavor. The mint came in after the initial flavor of cucumber. The lemon was not strong at all, and in fact, if lemon wasn't in the title I would probably not have detected it.  It added something to it though. The Mexican Hot Chocolate had a VERY hot after taste that chokes you. 

Friday I had a Prickly Peach. I loved it, absolutely one of my favorites. It has a sandy texture like a pear but has a very sweet taste unlike a pear. The peach was not too strong, and could almost barely taste it. Prickly Pear or Cactus Pear as it's sometimes called is very sweet, and very pink, as you can see. This pop is not artificially colored.

Mary and Pete went to the Keith Urban concert Friday. I ran to get Sina dinner in the rain, which was awesome. It hasn't rained in so long here, and it was like the water was resurrecting the town and rehydrating all of the locals. Very energizing.  I was soaked. Stringy hair to squishy soles. 

I got dizzy in The Hyppo and had to sit down on the floor, I think I may have been allergic to Prickly Pear or maybe I was dehydrated. 

Saturday we picked up Mom and Nina.  Lori and Cathy also came over and Mary and Mom's high school group was reunited. The girls were silly and had a fun time. We walked to The Hyppo and ate a few popsicles. I had Datil  Strawberry and I forgot to take a picture. 

Mom had Avocado Cream, but it wasn't fresh and so I think she didn't enjoy it as much as I did. 

We had a shrimp boil for dinner.


It's blurry because we ate at practically midnight, and Mary hates overhead lights. ;)

Today I had a Blackberry Cream popsicle. It was so yummy, but sadly, it melted too fast, and I had to leave it behind, the first popsicle I did not finish.

It wasn't a very blackberry flavor, more creamy sweet.

Tonight we're having steaks and then tomorrow we'll do some tourist-y things and make dinner. We invited Sina, and I'm excited. I hope he remembers. ;)

Have a good day. I hope it's as busy as mine is. I'm trying to enjoy every bit of here, I feel like I'm going to be leaving so soon, and I'm already starting to get sad. I'll push it away until the last day though.

Just enjoy.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment